The morning of your boudoir photography session, you’ll be feeling butterflies aplenty in your stomach. You’ll be excited, maybe a little bit nervous, definitely curious about how the day ahead of you will feel. What you shouldn’t be feeling is worried, so we’ve put together this handy checklist to help you make sure you’ve remembered everything you need to!
- Eat a good breakfast – and a healthy one that doesn’t make you bloat. We all have those danger foods and they’re best avoided on the day of your boudoir photography session! On the other hand, we can’t stress strongly enough that you need nutrition this morning – you’ll need energy to look at your best for the camera.
- Take half an hour for a yoga session, a run or some stretching exercises. The more limber your body and warm your muscles, the easier you will find it to pose and relax.
- Bring photos of models, movie stars and friends whose looks you would like to emulate to show your makeup artist or hairdresser. If they are aware that your appointment is for a photoshoot, they will also know to make your makeup a little heavier and your hairdo a little more firm. If possible, bring your own makeup to use so that you have it with you for touch-ups throughout the day.
- Wear clothing without any elastic so that you arrive at the studio without any impressions and creases on your skin. This is particularly important with socks!
- Use clear deodorant to prevent any white marks on your outfits.
- Make sure any paperwork you need to take with you to the studio is packed in your handbag and ready to go.
- Give your bag one last check to make sure you have all your lingerie choices, shoes and jewelry as well as your makeup and hairbrush.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up and keep a bottle with you throughout the morning – hydration is so important to looking your best!
- Leave for the studio early. We’re happy to welcome you and make you comfortable even if it’s not quite time for the session because we know you’ll feel a whole lot more relaxed with time to breath before we start shooting than if you’ve had to rush from A to B to get to us on time!
We love boudoir photoshoots as much as our clients and we can’t wait to work with you on yours. We’re waiting to hear from you to get your session booked and your journey started!