The week before your Toronto boudoir shoot, you can make sure that your skin is glowing, soft and supple with homemade facial recipes that are easy to create and just as simple to use. Simply pick your favourite ingredients and set aside a few minutes to pamper yourself!
To get you started before the date of your Toronto boudoir shoot arrives, here are some of our favourite recipes to choose from:
- In a food processor, combine half a cup of fresh blueberries, two tablespoons of honey and one or two tablespoons of sugar. Once smooth, layer it gently on your face and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- For busy nights, stir together a tablespoon of coconut oil and two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and rub it into a cleansed face for one minute. Rinse with warm water to remove. This recipe also keeps well (in the fridge in the summer) so you can whip up a batch to be used all week before your session.
- Combine a cup of ground oatmeal with half a cup of dry lavender flowers, half a cup of powdered milk and two teaspoons of cornmeal. Use a cloth to dampen your face, then rub the mixture gently into your face, massaging your skin as you go, and rinse to remove once you’re finished.
- For clear skin and extra moisture, combine a quarter cup of plain yogurt with two tablespoons of honey and a mashed banana. Apply this to your face and neck and leave it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Add half a cup of hot water to a third of a cup of oatmeal, then leave it to sit for a few minutes. Now, mix in two tablespoons of plain yoghurt, two tablespoons of honey and an egg white. Apply to your face and neck and leave to sit for ten minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- For a scrub that can be applied to your whole body, combine half a cup of sugar with half a cup of olive oil and your favourite essential oils. You can use this in the shower to scrub your skin and exfoliate – not to mention how amazing you’ll smell all morning long!
Feel free to experiment with ingredients – these are just a few of our favourite recipes! Ready to book that boudoir session and start your personal journey to the perfect photo album? Contact us right now!