For a boudoir session, there is some preparation that you need to do beforehand. This page will help prepare you for your session from now until you arrive in our studio. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
A week before your session:
- Wax approximately a week before your session so that any bumps or redness will be gone before your date
- Pluck or wax your eyebrows
- If your hair is coloured or highlighted, please book a touch-up prior to your session.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Please do not spray tan or use self-tanning cream. It rarely looks natural in photos.
- Moisturize, exfoliate and drink lots of water daily.
- Try on your lingerie to make sure they fit properly. Make any strap adjustments needed.
- Remove all tags and labels from your lingerie.
The day before your session:
- Check to make sure everything is packed for your session. This includes heels, stockings and jewellery. Make sure you have extra stockings in case one runs.
- Avoid alcohol and water-retaining salty foods
- Plan for a good night’s sleep. Eight hours is always the best.
The day of your session:
- Use clear deodorant. Regular deodorant can show up chalky in your pictures.
- Avoid tight clothing that may leave marks on your skin on the day of your session, such as elastic bands, bra straps, socks and jeans.
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing.
- Arrive to the salon with a clean and moisturized face.
- Most important – have an amazing and relaxing time! It’s entirely normal to be a little (or a lot) nervous before your session. Please don’t worry – you will be in good hands. We show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect pictures.