Not sure what to wear for your boudoir photography session? At Honeybourne Intimates, we encourage our ladies to choose the clothing that makes them feel sexy, comfortable and amazing. If you’re not sure what that is, here’s a helpful guide to all those possibilities we want you to consider!
- Lingerie Sets: Usually a bra and matching panties, sometimes with stockings and garter belt, lingerie sets are designed to accentuate the parts of a woman’s body that are considered to be the most sensual. If that’s not something already in your wardrobe, some of our clients have shared that it made the experience of a boudoir photography session even more memorable when they booked a day for lingerie shopping ahead of time.
- Bra and Panties: There are so many different options out there for sexy bra/panty sets. When shopping for these, proper fit is extremely important. With push up bras, make sure the area near your armpit looks nice and smooth and you are not coming out of the cups. That makes it more flattering in camera.
- Teddies and Camisoles: Putting on a teddy is almost exactly the same as slipping into your swimsuit, though the material is usually sheer to create a translucent effect that can be jaw-droppingly sexy. A great way to build some variety into your photoshoot, a teddy also creates a look that is tantalizingly demure. A camisole has a similar effect, fitting over your torso and worn with a matching pair of panties. When it comes to these lingerie items, it’s a case of what you don’t see rather than what you do…
- Corsets: The joy of a corset is that it cinches in your waist, pushes up your bust and gives you the kind of curves that make jaws drop. They’re not the easiest items of clothing to get in and out of, but that’s why you have an experienced photographer on hand to help you with the ribbons or hooks at the back!
- Bustiers: Similar to a corset, a bustier is designed to give nice breast support. However, with a bustier the form is a little looser, leaving your waist to curve as it does naturally or come with a little bit of built in waist cinching. Some of our clients prefer this more natural shape for their images and the extra skin coverage that both bustiers and corsets provide.
- Babydolls: Fitted at the top but flowing from the upper waist down, it can make for a super cute look and is popular with our clients who like to settle in slowly to the idea of baring some skin for the camera. If you prefer some support for your breasts, look for a babydoll with built-in cups.
- Clothing – Yours: If you’re booking your photoshoot as a gift for a lover, how about building in an item of clothing that they just love to see you wear? A cardigan you normally throw over your jeans and t-shirt has a very different effect when it’s draped over a beautiful pair of panties and nothing else…
- Clothing – Your Partner’s: Another seductive trick is to wear a piece of clothing that belongs to your lover during your shoot. Maybe your man wears a uniform to work and you could borrow an item or two for the afternoon. How about his oversized shirt or sweater? Trust us, he’ll barely be able to stop looking at an image of you in his clothing!
- Shoes, Boots and Stockings: A pair of knee-high boots is timelessly sexy, as is a very high pair of heels worn with a garter belt and stockings. Never underestimate the power of accessorizing your lingerie!
Don’t forget to read our article “Choosing Lingerie for your Body Shape” !
And be sure and check out our Pinterest boards for styles and ideas
Are you ready to book your boudoir session with us and get started choosing your looks? We can’t wait to work with you – contact the studio right now to get started!